Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Upside of Unrequited Review

The Upside Of Unrequited
Author:Becky Albertalli
Pages : 336
Date of publication : April 11, 2017
Synopsis : Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love—she’s lived through it twenty-six times. She crushes hard and crushes often, but always in secret. Because no matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can’t stomach the idea of rejection. So she’s careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.
Then a cute new girl enters Cassie’s orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly’s cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly’s totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is. Luckily, Cassie’s new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. Will is funny and flirtatious and just might be perfect crush material. Maybe more than crush material. And if Molly can win him over, she’ll get her first kiss and she’ll get her twin back. 
There’s only one problem: Molly’s coworker Reid. He’s an awkward Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there’s absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. Right?
Review: This isn't a book that I choose to buy. I received it in an Owlcrate box but I'm so glad I did! I have to admit this is my first book of this author so that's right I haven't read Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda! But If it's just as good as this one I know I will have to read it very soon. I loved the simple writing style and the story in general. It felt so real with believable issues that teenagers can have.

What can I say about Molly.. She's just awesome. I can really relate to her. She's a wierd teenagers who see that everybody else is growing up, kissing other people and going to partys. She's overweigth, have a low self esteem, wierd, very funny and suffer from anxiety. So I think that a lot of person can relate to at least one of her personality traits. She has a lot more than the one I mentionned but those were the one that I could relate to at some point of my life. I can easily say she's one of my favorite main character of all time. I could put so much quotes from her that I loved!

I have to talk about the diversity off all the side character. There's a pansexual, a bisexual, lesbians, molly have two moms and they mentions a lot of other minorities. It's really sad that we don't see more books with such differents character. The hemistry between them seemed so natural and fluid like we would see in the real world. Their issues was believable. I also really enjoyed the sister relationship between molly and Cassie. It's the best I've read. I think I just loved every character in this book.

I can totally see why everybody love her books and recommend them. I can wait to read Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda before I watch the movie. If they could make a movie about this book I would be so happy! It's a perfect easy summer read. It only took me a day to finish it. Just go read it if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment