Friday, July 20, 2018

Red Queen Review

Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Pages :383
Date of publication : February 10th, 2015
Synopsis :This is a world divided by blood – red or silver.The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart 


Review: I don't really know how to start this review because I have so much to say! I guess I will start with saying that it's the story about a girl name Mare Barrow. In this world the people are separated by blood : Silver and Red. Mare have red blood and live in the poor part of the country. Silver are the lucky ones. They have all kind of power that Red don't have. Exept Mare. She discover that she have power too and now she have to marry a Silver prince.

I loved that book! It's the first one I read this year and I'm glad I did because I didn't read for so long and this book gave me the little push I needed to read again. I really liked Mare. She wasn't like other female protagonist I read about. She's not the smartest, she can't really fight and the only thing she's good at is steal other people on the street without getting caught. She seems more real to me than other heroine. She's a little bit (a lot) naive. She have a lot of boy after her! We always see love triangle but with 3 guys I'm ot sure how to name it. I really liked Maven.. I was team Maven in this book even if I liked Cal also but not as much. There was also another guy I tought she could be with at the beggening but I didn't read read about him a lot so I'm not sure how I feel about him.

Can we talk about all the betrayals! I can't count because there's too much of them. Maybe I was just as naive but I really didn't see them comming! If you have read this book you know which betrayal suprise me the most! I was in shock! Now that I know I can see that it was a little bit predictable and I should've see it coming but I was so into it. I guess I just didn't want to see it. But the action was also pretty awesome and Victoria Aveyard did a good job at describing them. Overall This book was really well written.

I absolutly loved this book and cannot wait to read the next one! It looks a lot like other book but I didn't really care. I really recommend it if you haven't read it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment